Flyte x UnionML: Hacktoberfest 2022 Wrap-Up
Hacktoberfest was a blast this year! We can’t believe it’s over already.
Thanks go out to all the participants who made October so special. 💟
The following are the stats from this year’s event:
- We saw 23 Contributors 👨💻👩💻
- We closed 42 Issues ⚙️
- We received over 50 Pull Requests 🔌
Congratulations Ryan Nazareth on being our top contributor and for winning O’Reilly’s annual subscription worth $500, plus Flyte swag. We're so grateful to have had you along for the ride!
Ryan’s contributions include:
- Plugin for supporting Vaex DataFrame type
- TypeTransformer for TensorFlow TFRecord
- Fixing mypy errors for incompatible types
- Tutorial on running an NLP workflow with Flyte
Other noteworthy contributions include:
- TensorFlow tensor and model types by Vivek Praharsha and Tushar Mittal.
- GitPod environment setup in UnionML by Krishna Agarwal.
- Listing differences on conflicting definition when registering by Jeremy Smith.
- Using passthrough workflowstore to perform CRD terminations / manipulations by Daniel Shuy.
- Dockerizing call to “go generate” in the flyteidl makefile by Daniel Shuy.
- Adding --verbose to demo and sandbox in flytectl by Hemanth Krishna.
It's been a great Hacktoberfest, and we hope you had as much fun as we did! We can't wait to do it all again next year. Thanks again to everyone who participated!